Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How to get my computer back to normal?

Here's my problem in a nutshell: I recently got the anti-spyware soft virus on my computer. I got it off, but since then, I can't get my computer back to normal. Everything looks like it does if you change your computer settings to ';classic mode'; but I really don't care for this. However, it is not set for classic mode (I've checked the task bar properties, personalize, etc. and everything's set like it's always been.). I've tried undoing everything I've done, but I can't get it figured out. Does anyone know how to get it to look like it used to?



Here's everything I did to get rid of the virus, because I'm assuming the sudden change is related to this:

I got it off by booting in safe mode, turning off system restore, and running a scan to remove the threats. After that, I re-started, went to start %26gt; run %26gt; and typed in 'msconfig' and removed the file... I also went to ';system configuration'; and was told to uncheck the virus, as it was listed in my start up items. I couldn't find it, so I just unchecked anything I didn't know what it was. (I since then figured out what it was, and not knowing which other items to check, tried checking them all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment