Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why won't anyone answer my question?

I know this is long and ';deep,'; but there has to be someone out there with the time to thoroughly read this and provide an answer (it's related to family issues):





I am a 16-year-old young man living with my two older sisters who are almost double my age in an urban-area. My mother is not on any type of medication or drugs, does not know how to care for herself or me, refuses to work or find a place to live (she currently resides on the street, underground or at homeless shelters, but recently has not gone there).





I have been living with them for about 4 years and within that time I have continuously missed school/classes (truancy) for a non-valid reason, consistently lied to them regarding mostly all matters, made purchases with their credit/debit cards, involved myself with illegal activities such as fraudulent check writing, talking to strangers on the Internet located in other countries such as Nigeria, presumably talked to pedophiles, had a collection of indecent images and films, drew devil-related pictures, came home extremely late, consistently disobeyed them, misbehaved countless times, left them when we would go out to places and in another country, had them continuously worry over me and be punished countless times, had my school guidance counselor persistently involved, had the police involved, left school before my classed would end, pretend I would go to school then come back home, fail all of my classes, not be promoted to the next grade, had my room searched numerous times and threw away much of my items which had cost money, had various items taken away/banned such as cell phones, computers, etc., forged signatures, falsified documents, had them chase me with a scissor (to cut my hair), had them forbade me from doing ';what I want'; and concocting various actions and steps I should do/take in order to somewhat ';help'; or ';change'; my current life/mindset, I also opened bank/credit accounts under my missing-in-action/absent mother's name while she spent/spends most of her time around older drugged-up people, shelters, underground stations, churches, and generally the street.





I am currently having multiple possibilities of being assigned to mental hospital and/or being arrested and sent to a juvenile detention center, which I deserve.





My first sister has a full-time job and is attempting to finish school to receive her BA. She has had to cut back on school, friends and dates to handle me and my problems. My second sister has completed her MA in Psychology, but decided to leave that field which ultimately cost her to land a not-as-high paying job at a local insurance company such as my first sister, but not in the same field. They should not have to deal with these types of problems associated with me. When I was 12, my mother failed to tell us that she had stopped paying the rent for a reason her mind had concocted and police came knocking (and eventually had to pick the lock) on our door and state to us that the landlord had issued an eviction notice. She was not home at the time so me and my first sister had packed up our things and went to sit in the park and eventually my second sister arrived from work to meet us. We eventually met up with our mother who thoughtlessly decided that the best idea was to stay in a homeless shelter at this time. Now, my two sisters had grown up with my mother all their lives and they have lived through various types of abuse from many of my mother's old boyfriends and random men whom she had met over the years before I was born. They decided we should stay in a hotel for the night, which they paid with their credit card and then phoned a few friends to see who we could stay with.





There is much I could go into detail with regarding me, my mothers, and sister's lives and how they all impact me, aside from the world. I'm sure no one wants to hear any of this because we all know people have their own problems or I should seek professional help, which I already have. My main question is how should I go about dealing with things now? What should I do/change? What could help? I feel setting out on my own, preferably in 2 years to avoid complicating my sister's or the lives of anyone else, but now I am not sure if this type of lifestyle can continue even with this day. If anyone would like to talk with me as a friend out of this website you may leave your contact. Thank you for any of your help, if you chose to do so.Why won't anyone answer my question?
I honestly read this whole thing. You obviously don't actually want to change... if you did you would.Why won't anyone answer my question?
Hey.


I would REALLY love to help you.


I love helping people as it is a thing i do....





I am home all day today. Feel free to contact me VIA Email, and i would be more than happy to talk to you...





I read every word in this post, and it seems as if im obligated to help because noone else will.


I have helped MANY people come off drug addictions, suicide and more.





Heres my Mail address....





urbanxdream@aol.com





My name is Timm.


Hope to hear from you soon!
First of all, you're NOT a man. You're 16, a boy. Still growing, immature, not a formed person yet because you obviously make very bad choices.





What's done in the past is done and can't be changed. It's time to step up and assume responsibility for your behaviour and actions.





It doesn't sound to me as though you're capable of living on your own. You can't/won't/fail to follow simple instructions such as get up, have breakfast, go to school, do your homework, stay out of trouble. Real life won't hand you those instructions on a silver platter and no employer is going to hang around and pay you to find yourself when you don't show up for work.





Right now you're at a crossroads but you also have opportunities in front of you. It's up to you to recognize what they are and take advantage of them or not.





When problem solving, your first option is to always do nothing. If you like where you are, who you are, what you are then continue on but it doesn't sound to me as though you do or you wouldn't be posting here. So now you recognize that you need to do something.





You need to take stock of yourself first of all. Forget your life, your circumstances, your background. Take stock of YOU. You are obviously not happy. You're not fulfilled. You're not productive. You take no satisfaction in yourself and your accomplishments.





So look around you. What is offered to you? What is in front of you to use to better yourself and your life?





I see a home with two sisters who care. I see an opportunity at school to learn to be a better person, to gain knowledge, the building blocks to a better future. I see a guidance counselor who is willing to help. I see a boy who willfully neglects himself and those around him for instant gratification and who will head downhill to a very poor future indeed if he doesn't wake up and step up.
Too much info..


Too long to read


Too time consuming..





cut it down to a few short paragraphs and I


bet you have more luck


take care
If anyone needs 'a higher power' in their life, you do. You've experienced


how horrible it can all be, how driven you can feel to try to escape and


there's no escape. You know you want to not make it harder for your


two sisters. And it's clear that it would have been harder on your


than your two sisters...being a boy, and your mom just getting worse


all the time. Less money, more loser boyfriends, more depression,


more despair. A bad environment for sure. A perfect description for


your behaviors. And you'd like this to stop. Prayer. I can't see


how you can stop anything, can you? Really? Start to pray as


if there is a Higher Power, the Universe, God, whatever you


want to call Him/Her or whatever and begin to bring some


balance. Actually, although we're not churchgoers, they


really do help people. If you knew one that wasn't too


high pressure, I think they would help and many are


very supportive and could lead you to take training.


You need training, not school. School doesn't train


for a job. School isn't for everybody. Some people do


better taking apprenticeship, or a short course,


and then be able to get a job. Prayer, if you can.


You don't even have to believe it, or believe in it.


'It' will believe in you.
Well. The first thing I can tell you is that the fact that you're taking responsibility for your own behavior and that you're acknowledging its impact on you life and the lives of your sisters may save your life. Somewhere in this whole mess your sisters have found the fortitude to survive and to try to save you.





Your behavior is clearly a reaction to your mom's lack of parenting. That's not to say that it's not your fault - your sisters weren't parented well either and they made different choices (including to take care of YOU.)





So, here you are. You know your behavior is your responsibility, you know it's messing up your life, and you know it's making your sisters' lives harder too. And you want to change.





The first thing is to absolutely continue with counseling, even if at first you don't think it's helping. Share this with your counselor, and think about sharing it with your sisters too. Use whatever resources you have -- teachers, guidance counselors, your sisters, etc. - to help you set goals for yourself.





You clearly know when you mess up, and probably when you're about to. Sometimes difficult feelings make people want to ';misbehave'; or engage in risky behavior. If you find those feelings coming up, talk to someone (or preferably multiple someones) and ask them to talk you down.





When you do talk to your sisters, try to let them know that you love them and appreciate what they've done for you. Tell them that you really want to start making your life better and want to help them have better lives too.





Think about making a goal to start college in a couple of years. Don't stop getting counseling, because new things are going to come up.





I'd be happy to connect with you separately, but don't want to post a contact here. If you have an idea, let me know.
No one will answer your question because in the title, you don't state what your question is about. Second, your question is so long that no stranger cares that much about you to read your whole life story. That should answer why no one is answering your question. Try shortening it up to a short paragraph and make it a better answer in the title. People are busy and no one cares.
Way too long to bother reading. My guess is, ';A fish.';





You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment