Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I get my 3 month old to sleep in her crib?

Up until she was almost 2 months old I have been sleeping with my daughter on me in the chair or on the couch. I realize now that it was a huge mistake, but how can you not snuggle your first born every chance you get? So about a month ago i started trying to get her to sleep on her own. HA ';try'; is the key word here. Some times she is good and sometimes she is NOT! I rock her to sleep and then lay her in her crib and then about 5 minutes later she cries, and cries, and cries! I have tried everything that i can think of. Laying my shirt beside her to smell, swaddling her, playing music. My doctor told me if she is changed warm and fed that i can let her cry until she falls asleep. She goes on forever though. Its been a month and she still will not sleep on her own. I am lost and exhausted and dont know what else to do. We both need to get some sleep and its just not happening! Some nights it will be 3 hours of letting her cry for about 20 minutes going in and trying to calm her down by either patting her back or picking her up and then laying her back down over and over again. What should i do next?How do I get my 3 month old to sleep in her crib?
try putting her in a bouncy chair next to your bed my daughter had to fall asleep holding my hand for her first two months and eventually i started just putting her to sleep with out me touching her and eventually her crib. Now night time is a breezeHow do I get my 3 month old to sleep in her crib?
Try getting one of those wind up teddy bears that makes womb sounds, and perhaps run her blanket through a dryer for a few to get it warm before you lay her in her crib. Hope this helps!
  • reduce or control it
  • tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment