Friday, November 19, 2010

My muslim parents are so strict! How do I deal with them?!?

I'M SORRY THIS IS SO LONG!


I can't go out with friends, sleepover at anyone's house or anything. No one bothers to invite me to parties anymore because they know my answer, ';I can't go.';


My mom randomly came to school one day during lunch TO CHECK ON ME. What wrong thing can I do at school?! She saw this guy sitting beside me and she instantly came over and was ';MOVE! Why are you sitting there? Why is he so close to you? Who is he?'; And my friends were looking at me like ';This is your mom?'; She wouldn't leave until he moved! And he's gay too! When i told her this, she started saying stuff about how i shouldn't hang out with gay people which is really stupid because I see nothing wrong with them (i'm straight, btw). She's very old-fashioned and slightly narrow-minded. If my world was like Harry Potter (which i am obsessed with), they'd most likely be the high-society pureblood type.


I'm a straight-A student and I don't break rules or get into any trouble. Yes, i back-talk to them sometimes which starts another lecture on how all their friends' daughters/sons don't yell back to them and how I should be more like them. One day I got so frustrated with this and I couldn't take it anymore, I told her she should go adopt one of them and leave me be. She can't change me. My dad and mom both have slapped and hit me a couple of times before but not anymore. They both have anger issues, and I am quick tempered as well, which doesn't help anything. They say it's okay to hit your kids sometimes if they're being bad. I don't believe in that. Parents should never hit their children.


The other day, a boy called my house (it was a prank call, so he was pretending to be someone else) and my mom started intterogating him! ';Do you go to her school? Are you a class mate?'; and they hung up on her. I don't give my number out to any guys because of this so he probably got it off of someone else. They started freaking out and thinking I was starting to get closer to boys (I do have FRIENDS that are boys, but they don't know and never will) and started getting crazy ideas that I was going to start dating.


I do pray and read the Quran, but i don't wear a Hijaab and they aren't forcing me to. Lately, they've been threatening me with forcing me to wear one but I think that's stupid because I think it should be choice, and not forced upon me.


Our family is friends with another family that has a daughter who wears a Hijaab and all that, and my mom is always going on nonstop about how wonderful she is. It makes me so mad! Do you not see my abilities and talents? She only brags about them to her friends but at home she goes on and on and compares me to other kids. So this girl, she's really nice and i'm friends with her. At school she has tons of friends, boys included. I tell my mom that even she talks to boys and hangs out with them, but she just waves that off like it's no big deal. What the hell?! She's by no means, an angel. I would know, considering i'm one of her closest friends.


I love them though. By all means, I do. They love me and care for me, i know that. I understand and respect all that they've done for me and my nine-year-old sister (who NEVER gets yelled at btw).


I feel so trapped. They feel as though they need to know every single second of my life to make sure I don't do anything ';bad'; and intterogate every single person that wants to talk to me. Well, dear parents, I just took a shower and the body wash was all done so i opened the new bottle we just bought and threw away all that environment-damaging plastic packaging away. Wasn't that fascinating? Would you like to hear more?


I don't know what to do anymore. Life is unfair. Does anyone else have crazy parents that freak out like mine do?! How does anyone mannage to live with them? I'm a teenager and they won't let me get a job (';Oh, we'll pay for everything you need! Don't worry!';) because they think i'm going to save my money up so as soon as i turn into a legal adult, i'll move out and rent an appartment near whatever college/university i go to and do whatever what i feel like doing.





I'm starting to feel a lot like Draco Malfoy. (Harry Potter character...btw...). Trapped and forced out of having my own choices.My muslim parents are so strict! How do I deal with them?!?
Hello there, I LOVE Harry Potter, too!!! Its like the awesomest, best series ever! I've reread it 6 whole times!


Anyway, I am a Muslim but my parents aren't that strict! No wayyyy...


They let me hang out with friends, have guy friends, it's all cool. You know what? You need to talk to your parents about your life. Tell them that they won't always be there to tell you what to do or to drive your friends away or choose your choices. It's your life, and if they trust you enough, they should allow you to hang out and socialize, it's not like your a bad kid or anything, geez..!


So consider that and just make sure you're telling them calmly but strictly and make sure they are all ears (:


I don't know why some Muslims are soooooo strict, geez, they make our religion seem to hard when its not! I guess yours are just...narrow-minded. So whatever, just consider what I typed, and best of luck to ya (:My muslim parents are so strict! How do I deal with them?!?
Holy crap, that is too long. I'm not reading it and most others (if not all) won't either. Sorry, but try to shorten (a lot) and restate your question. Good luck.
maybe you should ask if you could live with a relative for a while. my parents did the same thing, they wouldnt let me have friends either
dang we live the same ~but mom and dad are not strict they are but they do not come to my school .but yeah they do not let me to others house and go and do things i wear the **** hajjiba


i told my dad so this stupid piece of clothing is going to get me into heaven. so yeah but they are doing things to protect us
wow aw don't feel bad; maybe your parents care a little TOO much about you :P %26amp; try to be Straight forward that the things you do in life are your decisions %26amp; they cant control your life if you want a job; go get a job because you should if you feel like you have the responsibility to handle it.%26amp; you really need to talk to your parents %26amp; if they are hitting you i suggest you might wanna talk to a consular about that if its too serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment