Sunday, November 21, 2010

I binge eat and gain back all the weight over the weekend?

Please don't be too harsh cause I am aware I need to change my eating habits...anyway, I'm 5'2 and 109 pounds. I go the gym almost everyday, but eat horribly. I do pretty well over the week (yogurts and whole wheat bread and some veggies and occassional chocoloate), but I am having problems with binge eating over the weekend. I gain back all the weight I lost during the week and vow never to do it again...it doesn't work. I can see my weight slowly creeping up (I used to weight 105 pounds) and I don't know how to stop this. Any suggestions? Please no rude remarks! I've suffered with anoerixia, purging, and now binge eating so I would welcome any suggestions....I binge eat and gain back all the weight over the weekend?
Here's a way to STOP your binge eating.





If you start to feel an urge to eat all of a sudden (on the weekend), go weigh yourself and WRITE that number (your weight) onto your hand so that it's CLEARLY VISIBLE whenever you feel like grabbing a bite to chew on. Then say to yourself that the number on your hand is your weight right now and you WILL NOT allow it to increase.





It's all down to self control and I think that a visible reminder would be helpful if mental control isn't working that well.I binge eat and gain back all the weight over the weekend?
Eat what you want, when you want.
How about professional help. Seems like you are a compulsive eater, I suffer from the same thing. Also stop weighing yourself, If you look the same in the mirror and your jeans aren't tighter its water weight.
what you need to do is consult a nutritionist because they can create a plan that allows you to eat all your fave foods but in moderation! they can help you overcome your issues and help you to start making healthy decisions! best wishes
you heard of over eaters anonymous?
I think the best thing to do is try to eat a little more during the week and eat more foods that you loke once in a while. If you treat yourself a little more maybe you wont have the need to binge on the weekend.
Well if you are 5'2'; than you are a good weight your weight at that height which I am 5'2'; also is from 105 - 135! SO you are good! I weigh 115 after being 92 lbs and I feel and look great! I was also anorexic!
How freaking old are you? You're complaining about weighing 109 lbs? Please!
I like to eat a lot of small things throughout the day. It curves my appetite a lot better.


Also, If I know i don't want to be eating something, I get rid of it from the house.


I don't think anyone can be rude because you have recognized your eating habits need to change. At least you aren't asking questions like ';Should I throw up to lose weight?'; But yeah small snacks usually do the trick for me.


Bananas actually fill you up a lot. Also, sometimes when I think I'm hungry I'm acutally thirsty.
You aren't really overweight.


I think your biggest issue is that you are too hard on yourself.


Write down an eating schedule and meal plan that you can stick to. It's ok to eat junk as long as it is in moderation.





If you are really are having problems, go talk to a nutritionist who can help you.
I have the same problems. I am about 80 pounds heavier than you are... but I can understand what you are going through! What happens with me is I will loose 5 or so pounds, then I get upset that it isn't going faster, then I binge for a few days, then I gain the 5 pounds back, then I get disgusted and then I go on a diet again. It sucks. It sucks big time.





I would suggest going to therapy. I was going to try it, but then they told me it would be $85 a session!! So if you can afford it, please do it! Other than that I would maybe just keep a journal on what happens when you binge. How do you feel, what are you doing... if you can figure out your triggers than you can try to avoid them or think of another outlet. Like cleaning or doing a hobby.





And by the way you are at a perfectly healthy weight. Just get the binging in check so it doesn't creep up on ya.





Best of luck to you!! Wish me luck too then, OK?
Ok, gaining two pounds its not bad but more than that there is a problem. During weekends eat what you like but in smaller portions and avoid eating after 7, because your body slows down and you burn less calories.
ask your self what happens at week end - enviroment,family,relationship,wrong friends? your right your diet is not good, but you are aware of that so i will not preach.





i would alter my weekend regime, remove the cause, if it is nothing else but boredom then there is a hell of a lot you cab do than binge





gl
5'2'; and 109 lbs is not much. How old are you? Why not eay better on the weekends?





If you are still a teen it is normal to gain weight. I am 5'4'; and 120 lbs. I do not think I am fat and neither do my friends or my hansband. I have three children.





You are going to gain a few and loose a few over a normal week. It is water weight and 100% normal.





Try not to worry about it and watch what you eat and if on the weekends you do not work out at least try to go on a walk or bike ride.
I recomend eating complex carbs and protein over the weekend, that way you can still eat more than usual . Complex carbs will fill you up and speed up your metabolism. With that in mind, you can work on getting back on track.


good luck : - )
Amen, sister. I'm right there with you. For me personally, exercise just doesn't work. I find myself famished after exercise and just want to eat more! And heaven help me if I go out to eat. (I can't say no to desert menus.) The only thing that does work for me is my own cobbled-together set of rules:


1. Eat 1 ';large'; meal per day.


2. Eat 1 smaller meal that is a slim-fast and something like a piece of fruit or chex mix.


3. LISTEN TO YOUR STOMACH - not your mouth. (I always want to taste more food, even if I'm stuffed.)





I'm not suggesting that this would work for everyone. I'm just sharing my experience.





Good luck to you!
If you are going to the gym every day, then you probably aren't in bad shape. Your fitness is not simply a function of your weight and waist line. And if you are putting on muscle mass, then your will gain weight. As for binge eating, I can't help you. You need counseling and maybe someone to coach you. You won't get much help on the Internet.
I understand what your going through and it's difficult. Just don't feel alone because your not, there are plenty of people struggling with the same condition. I would strongly recommend you to visit a nutritionist, as they will assess your diet and help you to incorporate foods that are tasty into your diet but help you to keep a very balanced healthy eating routine!! good luck
I would recommend starting a lifestyle change diet. Meaning, eat a reasonable breakfast, midmorning healthy snack (like fruits and veggies), resonable lunch, afternoon healthy snack, and then dinner. You'll find that you're not getting as hungry as often and then you'll stop overeating. Eat as much fruits and veggies as you want. I've been doing this along with going to the gym and after only two weeks, it's become an easy habit (I used to binge eat all the time and have had trouble with not eating at all) and I have more energy and feel healthier. Here's a sample of my daily food:





Breakfast: 2 slices of Toast with I Can't Believe It's not Butter


Snack: Apple


Lunch: Healthy Choice soup (any flavor, it's not many calories)


Snack: Jell-o Sugar Free Pudding


Dinner: Whatever I want within reason


Snack: Orange





Don't wait until you're starving to eat. Eat as soon as you feel a hunger pang. Also, drink lots of water. If you drink a lot of soda, that could be the culprit as well. This ends up being between 1200-1600 calories a day, but then I go to the gym and hit the elliptical machine for 35 minutes and burn more than 300 calories. I hope this helps. It will boost your metabolism as well and it's not a diet...it's changing the way you eat.
I used to have the same problem as you.. i would workout everyday and really restrict my eating during the week but then i would end up bingeing at the weekend and gaining all the weight back. Then i would get so mad at myself for screwing up my good work so i'd restrict again. Its a very dangerous habit to get yourself into - believe me i started out doing that and im now a full blown bulimic. However, i understand this is not just something you can stop (like some other ignorant people seem to think^^^) as i have been in that position myself and i know its not that simple. I really reccommend that you share your problem with someone you live with because if someone in your house knows it makes it harder for you to binge as they will be aware of it and you'll have less opportunity to binge. Also if someone knows then when you are feeling like you are about to binge you can go and talk to them about it and this will distract you from the urge to binge. If you live alone or you feel you really cant tell anyone you live with or family you should go see your doctor and see if they can help you with this problem.
well its not good to do that in the firstplce. just exercise and eat healthy you are crazy just STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment