Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I change the password to my internet?

Me and my roommate are having trouble with my other two roommates, they've begun stealing from us and now they refuse to pay the bill for cable/internet. I use hotwire communications service and I believe it is a linksys router. Someone told me that I can change it by hooking up my computer via ethernet to the router. How do I change the password so they can't get onto my network?



Thanks!How do I change the password to my internet?
How do I change the password of my Linksys router?

Answer





When accessing the router’s web-based setup page, a log-in screen will appear asking for the router’s password. The router’s default password is “admin.” You should change the password for security purposes.



NOTE: If you are unable to log in to your router, or have lost, or forgotten your router's password, click here to learn how to reset your router.





The router’s password must be changed to:



*

Prevent unwanted users from accessing the router’s web-based setup page.

*

Enable Remote Management.







The router’s password can be changed by:



*

Running the router’s setup CD. If you have lost your setup CD, click here to for instructions on how to download your router's driver

*

Changing it on the router’s web-based setup page. For instructions, please follow the steps below.







Changing the Router’s Password



NOTE: The images below may vary depending on the router you are using but the steps still remain the same.



Step 1:

Access the router’s web-based setup page. For instructions, click here.



NOTE: If you are using Mac to access the router's web-based setup page, click here.



Step 2:

When the router’s web-based setup page appears, click Administration.



Step 3:

Enter the new password on the Password and Re-enter to confirm fields.







NOTE: If the screen on your router's web-based Setup page looks different, click here.



Step 4:



Click .



NOTE: The next time you log-on to the router’s web-based setup page, you should use the new password.How do I change the password to my internet?
Hi,



All you have to do is to change the password for your Linksys router device.



1. Access the router’s web-based setup page. Linksys routers typically have the Web address http://192.168.1.1/ Many Linksys routers do not require any special username (you can leave blank or enter any name in that field). In the password field, enter ';admin'; (the default for most Linksys routers) or the equivalent password for your router.



2. When the router’s web-based setup page appears, click Administration.



3. Enter the new password on the Password and Re-enter to confirm fields.



4. Click Save Settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment