Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How can I change my personality?

Alright, my 8th grade year is soon ending, and next year I start high school and I want to change. Im currently the nice, always willing to help, follow the rules type of kid. Im also more or less the quiet kid. I'm usually friends with everyone, except for a few douche bags that make fun of me and make me want to punch them...Anyways, I want to stop being the quiet kid. I want to be able to be outgoing and want to be funny. As of now, I never really know how to start up a conversation or make a joke. Somtimes I do have a joke, but I never know if it will come out as stupid or to perverted. So, how can I change to be more funny/outgoing before my 9th grade year?How can I change my personality?
Mike - you want to change? Before you can make a change, you need to know what change you want to make. Take a sheet of paper and draw a line down the middle. On one side write, ';What I don't like about myself.'; On the other side write, ';How I want to be.';



Now on the first side list the things you don't like: nice, always willing to help, follow the rules. Then on the other side list how you would prefer to be. So next to 'nice' you would write 'outgoing.'



After you have completed both sides, then make an action plan for everything on the second side of the paper. For example, you want to know 'how to be more outgoing and start up a conversation.'; Go on line or to the library and find a book on starting conversations. Read it and use the information you find.



You are a smart kid. You'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment