Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What is your opinion on this? *It's somewhat long...*?

I used to be best friends with a this girl from last September until about May of this year. We were inseparable, and everyone knew we were best friends. I began to get fed up with her in March because she was always trying to tell me how to run my relationship with my boyfriend, and she would not stop when I told her to get out of my relationship. She also got in a fight with me because of my religious beliefs, and she began getting involved with a guy who had a girlfriend. For the first time in our friendship, I told her that she was wrong for going at a guy who had a girlfriend, and she got angry with me and told me to act like her best friend.



We didn't talk for a few weeks, because my view of her changed the day she went over to that guy's house while he was still with his girlfriend. She apologized because she didn't like sitting next to me in our classes in school and not be able to talk to me..so we were talking up until tonight, though I had never considered her a friend after our fight.



My friend calls herself a Christian. She preaches the Word and tells everyone how to live a godly life, yet, with the past two boyfriends she's had, as well as her current one, she's either had sex or done sexual things with them. She told me on Saturday that she isn't going to do things like that anymore because she ';isn't supposed to do things like that'; and she wants to ';live life for God';. Yesterday, her boyfriend told me they went all the way. So I told her tonight that I can't be friends with a hypocrite. She got angry. She told me to get over myself. She told me that all I am is ignorant, and that I'm the hypocrite for believing in Evolution? lolz. Among other things.



I'm just curious. What is your opinion of this?What is your opinion on this? *It's somewhat long...*?
Obviously, she doesn't understand religious truth. It looks like she doesn't understand religion in general. She's obviously not sorry.



I stand behind you. She is wrong. Does she like to gossip? From this question, she seems the type to stir trouble. Then again, having never met her, I could be completely wrong...What is your opinion on this? *It's somewhat long...*?
you're right..













this is long.
She sounds really confused. I believe that is why she's so defensive. I'd just leave her alone. She sounds like she is doubting her beliefs and therefor wants to act more religious than she is.
Tell ya what I don't get.

Jesus is the new testament, and so people can sin like crazy, pray to Jesus, get forgiven and still make it to heaven. Then there is no reason to practice morality. So why is there a worry about being a good little christian, when according to the Christian view, good works won't get ya to heaven, just faith.



What is it with the sin BS?

After a certain amount of sins,

do ya go to Hell?

I thought Jesus forgave,

so why even ask, ';Is it a Sin?';



It's all sin, Jesus forgives, so do it anyway.

Morality is not practiced in this religion.

The whole world is in a state of turmoil

because people can get away with sinning,

but we all are going to heaven.



Unless Jesus thought he was god,

but wasn't, and our actions really will be

judged. In that case, we're all going to hell.



To sin, or not sin.

That is the question.



As Buddhists...

We don’t believe in a god because we believe in man. We believe that each human being is precious and important, that all have the potential to develop into a Buddha – a perfected human being. We believe that human beings can outgrow ignorance and irrationality and see things as they really are. We believe that hatred, anger, spite and jealousy can be replaced by love, patience, generosity and kindness. We believe that all this is within the grasp of each person if they make the effort, guided and supported by fellow Buddhists and inspired by the example of the Buddha. As the Buddha says:



';No one saves us but ourselves,

No one can and no one may.

We ourselves must walk the path,

But Buddhas clearly show the way';.



In the Kalama Sutra, Buddha says.

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it..

Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.

Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.

Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.



But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.
You're right to stop being friends with her. She's saying one thing and then turns around and does something else. If that doesn't scream hypocrite, I don't know what does. Also about the evolution thing? Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. She was raised to believe in God and Adam and Eve, but if someone else wasn't, she has no right. It sounds like you have the situation under control. Just don't cave if she comes back crying, because honestly, she brought it upon herself.
I think you are totally right. Beware however, you never want to get into a fight about religion or politics; because no one can ever win. Also saying inflammatory statements will get you no where, go for logical reasoning.



Obviously this girl is trouble, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment