Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change my desktop wallpaper on a computer using Windows 7 starter?

I just bought a netbook and it came with Windows 7 starter as it's operating system. With the starter version apparently you are unable to change your background. I really don't want to spend $100 on the full version when all I really want is to change my background. Is there anyway for me to get around this so I could change my background? Or is there anyway that I could get Windows 7 cheaply?



Please help if you can and thank you in advanced!! : )How do I change my desktop wallpaper on a computer using Windows 7 starter?
Hello Nicole,



You are correct, you will not be able to change the background on your computer as long as you are running the starter edition. You can upgrade by using your Microsoft Windows Anytime upgrade: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo…



Cheers,

Tara

Windows Outreach TeamHow do I change my desktop wallpaper on a computer using Windows 7 starter?
that was one of the parts or features ms left out. so starter would work in a mini, had to cut it down. there is software on the web to do backgrounds and will be more.
1. Open regedit (aka registry editor; you can access it from the star menu by typing “regedit” in the search box…)

2. Go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\” folder and click on it

3. On the right hand side find there are a bunch of entries. Find the key named “Wallpaper” and double click on it and put the path of the picture you want as your new wallpaper (example path is “C:\Users\Bob\Pictures\new_wallpaper.jpg…

4. Right-click on the “Desktop” folder in regedit that you found in step 2 and click Permissions.

5. Click “Advanced”

6. Go to “Owner” tab, highlight your name in the box that says ?Change owner to? ( There are only two choices the other is Administrator )… once your user name is highlighted click “OK”

7. Click on “Advanced” again

8. Uncheck the button that reads “Include inheritable permissions from the object?s parent”… click “Remove” when prompted

9. Click “Add”

10. Type “Everyone” and click “OK”

11. Check Allow “Read Control” and click “OK”

12. Click “OK” again

13. Highlight “Everyone” and check to Allow “Read” and click “OK”

14. Restart Computer and enjoy new Wallpaper %26lt;!-- / message --%26gt;%26lt;!-- sig --%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment