Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do you change the file format of a video?

I'm trying to make a movie on movie maker with some videos I took. I took them on my phone (Verizon Wireless LG EnV3) and sent them to my e-mail then saved the files on the computer. Windows Movie Maker is saying that the file type is not compatible with movie maker. Its file type is .3g2. Can I change this to something that will play on Windows Movie Maker?How do you change the file format of a video?
I guess you need a converter to convert your videos to wmm compatible wmv, avi, mpg.

Recommend you a professional wmm converter, you can download the trial version for evaluation:



http://www.vconsoft.com/windows-movie-ma



It can convert all popular formats for wmm. Hope it can help you!How do you change the file format of a video?
Windows Movie Maker support .asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, .wmv.

You may try this method, it contains 2 steps



step 1. Convert .3g2 to any format of them above

Here is a step by step guide about how to Convert .3g2 to Video: http://aiseesoft-dvd-converter-suite.koo

step 2. Insert the video in Windows Movie Maker



I hope this may help you.

If you still have questions, contact with me or keep asking on http://answers.yahoo.com
AVI, WMV is supported by Windows Movie Maker.
convert it to wmv with this free video converter
Yes, you have to change the video format, but first, you should know, Windows Movie Maker supports wmv well, you need to use a right converter to convert 3g2 to wmv, then you can put the converted wmv videos into WMM. I am using RZ Video Converter which can convert any videos or audios between different formats with good quality, such as convert 3g2 to wmv, etc. Yahoo or google search and download rz video converter. Hope it can help you.
Open said file in notepad and save it as a different extension. Regardless of the fact that will actually change the file, it doesn't make it work. To actually change it, you need a converter program. One of my personal favorites is one called WM Converter. It's pretty simple to use. I'm not sure though if it can convert the file that you have. I guess it's worth trying. WMM can use more common formats such as WMV and AVI so it would be recommended to use on of them. I can give you a link to a download in the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment