Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Character for my book?

I've been writing a book for over two years and now I'm in the revision stage. The whole writing process, my main character has been called Lyle Lefebvre. Not many people know how to pronounce Lefebvre. I want to change his name to Victor with a more common, but still less common and significant surname with V, but I'm not sure if I should...I mean, yes, it's my story and I can do whatever i want, but I am hoping to get this published some time. Its about...270 pages right now (on revision). What should I do?



Do you vote for:



Lyle Lefebvre (Luh-fave)

or

Victor...(Valmont?)



The title of the book is the main character's name. They both sound good to me...but...I don't know.Character for my book?
victor valmont is more memorable.

check if its alread in useCharacter for my book?
i like victor better :D
Victor Valmont, for sure. Unless maybe you spelled ';Lefebvre'; differently. But I like ';Victor'; more than ';Lyle'; anyway.
Victor Valmont is easier to remember :)
Victor =D
I vote for Victor, the other last name would be too hard for someone to know how to pronounce or read or whatever. and I think that Victor would be a better name for an old fashioned person too.
When people read a book in their head, they tend to pronounce things differently, so i don't think it matters if someone can't pronounce Lefebvre. If I was reading the book I would pronounce it as lee-beef (lol!!) in my head! Plus, if you have been writing this book for 2 years with the character being called that, if you suddenly change it, then the character might change personalities with the name, or you may start to change the character in ways you didn't want to. i would keep it as what you originally decided for the character.
Maybe the first one if you specifically put in how to pronounce it...

But if i were to read your story i'd just read Leh-feb-vree lol
You could use just ';Valmont'; as the title. It's unique enough, yet easy to pronounce.
I like Victor Valmont. Its a name I would remember. I like the name Lyle but its not something I would remember as easily as Victor. And having the last name of Lefebvre for your character isn't the smartest thing since very few people will be able to pronounce it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment