Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can I change the image next to my profile name?

I know it is a stupid question, but I don't know how to make the grey smiley face into a picture I could find on the internet. However, I only want this to affect my Answers profile, and not my regular Yahoo profile. Please give me feedback, and I will probably have to update this question, because I know that I am going to have a tough time figuring this out.How can I change the image next to my profile name?
?? To make a cartoon avatar, provided by Yahoo! ??



1. Go to your Yahoo! Answers profile.



2. Click on the button near the top that says EDIT INFO.



3. You should see three boxes. All the way to the right, there should be a box that says ';Use my Yahoo! Avatar';, and then right beneath a button that says ';Edit My Yahoo! Avatar';.



4. Click it.



5. It will take you to the link.



OR...



Just type in avatars.yahoo.com in the search bar at the top of your webpage. Make sure you're logged on.



?? To make a picture as your avatar, you have to activate your Yahoo! Profile ??



To do so…



1. Go to your Yahoo! Answers profile



2. Click on “Edit My Info”.



3. You will see three boxes, one of which says “Use My Profile Picture” underneath. It should have a picture of your avatar in it. Click the link underneath the picture that says “Edit My Profile Image”.



Once you set up the profile, after being asked to fill out some information (i.e., your name), you will be taken to a page that should be displaying your avatar, unless you haven’t made one. If you have not made an avatar, it will appear as a gray smiley face.



1. Click on “Change Photo”; the tab will appear if you hover your cursor over the picture that appears on your Yahoo! Profile.



2. You will see a pop-up line that has two options: “Add Photo” and “Customize Avatar”. To upload a photo, click on “Add Photo”.



3. You will see a line that has a button that says “Browse”.



4. Find the picture you want to upload, click “Upload”, and then crop it to size.



5. To use a photo as your primary, or display photo, select the one you want: the Yahoo! Avatar, no picture or the uploaded picture. Then click on “Use Selected Photo”.



NOTE: The picture you upload MUST be under 5MB, and it MUST be in the JPG or PNG format.



?? To get your photo to show up when you ask and answer questions on Yahoo! Answer… ??



1. Go to your Yahoo! Answers profile



2. Click ';Edit My Info';



3. You will be taken to a page where you will see three boxes. One says ';No Picture'; underneath the box, one says ';Use My Profile Picture'; underneath the box, and one says ';Use My Avatar'; underneath the box. Check the circle next to the one that says ';Use My Avatar'; or next to the one that says ';Use My Profile Picture';.



4. Scroll down.



5. Click ';Preview';



6. Click ';OK';



7. You're done.How can I change the image next to my profile name?
click onto my profile and it should be around there somewhere.
This is the problemo. you have to change your Yahoo profile photo to get an icon on yahoo answers. so your Yahoo profile icon has to match with your yahoo answers one.



1. go to yahoo mail (your account)

2. click on the icon on the top of your mail page where it says ';hello (your name)';

3. under my profile click on the big icon picture.

4. then a box in the lower left hand corner says: change photo (click it)

5. click ';add photo';

6. browse your hard drive to find a photo

7. Enter the text displayed in the box

8. click ';upload';

9. crop your image to the size you would like.

10. then save.



(your yahoo answers icon should not be a grey smiley face after this.)
Click on Edit My Info. Beside the picture pane, you will see 3 ';pictures'; left to right.



The one on the left says use/edit my Yahoo avatar.

The one on the middle says use/edit my profile image.

The one on the right says ';no picture';. See the circular dots, which ever you check is the one that will appear as your Answers avatar.



Now I don't know you, so I don't know whether you have a Y Avatar or not, nor do I know whether you have a profile image (which is your Yahoo profile, not your Answers profile.)



If you don't have a yahoo avatar, and you don't want one, do nothing. But if you do want one, click on ';edit my yahoo avatar'; or go to http://avatars.yahoo.com and create or alter your avatar, and in the preview pane is 2 buttons/clear to erase change or save to save change. I didn't have an avatar before I joined Answers, I made it the day I joined Answers.



If your profile image I assume by your question that you're happy to use your profile image. Then just click use profile image like I showed you. But if you don't like your profile image, find an image you like and save it to your computer, save it to your computer. Your profile image is limited to about 2 inches square (1/4 inch per angle) and limited to 5 mb and to jpeg or png. but say you have a huge picture of your face or your family or your garden or your dog. When you select to use your Yahoo profile image, the server will scale it for you. But you get the final say in cropping it after you upload the picture to your Yahoo profile. Not much of a say, though. Keep that in mind when choosing a picture for your profile image. If in edit my profile you elect to use your profile image, like everyone here you only get a tiny square as your answers avatar.



Go to your profile and look at the picture and hover the mouse over the picture until you see a button that says change picture. Then upload a picture in your computer, type the confirmation code, and crop again. Then save.



Then go back to edit my info, select which one is your answers avatar, and preview and save. You should be done now. If not, refresh the page until you see your new avatar and or delete your cookies. You must be signed in to your yahoo id to make any changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment