Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Need a camera down my throat and wondered how much it hurts?

I have had voice change for the past 5 months,i am the biggest wimp ever when it comes to doctors so i only actually saw one last week,he has referred me to ENT to have a camera down my throat to inspect my larynx for damage or change.



I am 33 years old and a smoker,i have also terribly abused my voice over the past 6 months with singing when i was unwell and singing out of my range,i know this is all my own fault but admit i am terrified of this procedure,i am praying i have nodules because although i know they are not great news it is better than cancer.



Does anyone have experience of this? How painful is this procedure and how long does the examination take?



Also does anyone have experience of nodules caused by vocal abuse or any other throat problems caused by that? If so could you share them please?Need a camera down my throat and wondered how much it hurts?
No it wont hurt much.

They will numb your throat before they put it inside.

You wont feel pain at all.

I had it done once.

No comments:

Post a Comment