Monday, June 6, 2011

XBox.com account gamertag problem?

I have a problem. My Gamertag is FluidJordan. One day, I wanted to create an account on xbox.com. For the gamertag, I put FluidJordan, but when I created the account, it said my gamertag is FluidJordan1. How can I change it to what my real gamertag is. Can I change my gamertag email, and create another account on the website, using the alternative email adress?XBox.com account gamertag problem?
OK, you'll have to explain what you did exactly. It sounds like you have an offline account named FluidJordan and then made an account with the same name on xbox.com correct? You then tried to make that offline account into an online gamertag, but it is giving you FluidJordan1 as a possible name? The problem is that when you make a gamertag on xbox.com, it registers that name on Xbox Live. You are then trying to use that same name on your 360 and turn that into a gamertag also. It recognizes the name 'FluidJordan' as already belonging to someone (you) so it's giving you an alternative. This is a mistake many new Live members make. You choose to either make a gamertag on your 360 for Live OR on the website. Doing both registers two separate accounts and they're conflicting because you're trying to use the same name.

Now, if your offline profile has achievements and stuff and you want to make that one into an online gamertag, you'll need to choose the 'FluidJordan1' suggestion or something else. Make sure you use a new, real email for it too. You cannot merge the gamertag you made on xbox.com with your offline one. If you have not started earning achievements on your 360 or are willing to give them up for online to keep the FluidJordan name, choose the recover gamertag option on your 360 and enter the email and password you used when you made it on the site. Hope that makes sense and if that's not what you meant, please explain what you did mean.XBox.com account gamertag problem?
Never mind. I figured it out. I accidentally put aaaaaa.bobi@gmail.com for my email instead of aaaaaa.bobi0@gmail.com for my Live account. I got it figured it out, but thanks for taking the time to explain it and help, instead of putting,';You're stupid.'; or something like that. :)

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment