Monday, June 6, 2011

Why is my computer automatically changing my microsoft word into wordpad documents?

We recently had a virus on our computer and the guy who fixed it had to use wordpad to get all of our files off the computer. I redownloaded microsoft word and now when I type a new document and save it, it saves as a wordpad document, how can you change this?Why is my computer automatically changing my microsoft word into wordpad documents?
No such things as Wordpad or Word documents. There are files with RTF or DOC extensions. WordPad can open files with RTF or TXT extensions but not with DOC extensions.



So you are (most likely) saving the document from Word as a RTF.



Rightclick one of the docs, Open with, and try Word to see if the file will open. If it does, do another Open with and tick the Always box.Why is my computer automatically changing my microsoft word into wordpad documents?
Perhaps you should check that you're saving the document in the proper format when you're saving it.



Also, perhaps you should run another antivirus scan, as well as an antispyware scan, just to be sure that you don't have any malicious files or programs on your computer that could be causing your Microsoft Word documents to be saved as WordPad documents.



If you need a free antivirus program, I would recommend that you try using Microsoft Security Essentials, which can be downloaded from the link below.



http://Microsoft.com/Security_Essentials



If you need a free antispyare program, perhaps you should try using MalwareBytes, which can be downloaded from the link below.



http://MalwareBytes.org



Good luck and I hope I helped you!

No comments:

Post a Comment