Monday, June 6, 2011

LGBT: What should I do about my ignorant mother?

Today as my mom was dropping me off for school she asked me if I was still being part of Gay-Straight Alliance club at my school which she is totally against. I said yes and she got mad. She started telling me why I am still doing the club and that they specifically told me not to do any gay related things until I'm 18. I am so sick of hearing that. My parents have token so much away from me. They are not letting me hang out with any of my friends who they think are gay, I can't write anything in the house about gay stuff, I can't print out any papers in the house about gay rights, I cant bring anything to the house about gay rights, and they are sending me to a church which turns gay people straight. It's just way too much. My mom has also been trying like crazy to search my question and answers on this website. I don't know if she broke into my yahooanswer account but the last time I checked in, somethings were different like I left it so that only my contacts could look at my questions and answers, but somehow, my things changed and everyone could now look at them.

After our argument in the car. She told me that I'm ruining their marriage and because of me they are not happy. How the hell is me being bisexual going to affect their marriage. I told her that and I said that you can still be happy and have a bisexual son but she just kept saying I'm ruining everything. Then at the end, she said '; thank you for ruining my marriage.';



What should I do? I could honestly live knowing my mom doesn't like me but I don't want to. Huh.... any suggestions on what I should do?LGBT: What should I do about my ignorant mother?
Wow, that was long.

Anyway, understand one thing, you changed the rules of the game when you decided to be openly bisexual so you should give your parents time to adjust.

You joining the Gay-Straight Alliance Club is obviously not going to help at home if your parents are not ';gay friendly';.

What I would suggest is to keep your social life and things related to you being gay out of the house. Your parents don't need a constant reminder that you are gay. Plus that just creates unnecessary tensions in the house.



Also try talking to your parents. Wait until they calm down a bit, sit down with them and try to make them understand what being gay is about. You said it yourself, your mother is ignorant when it comes to the gay world.



It's true that things are not going to change overnight but at least that's a start; plus you are lucky, you parents are angry, that means they still care.



Good luck kiddoLGBT: What should I do about my ignorant mother?
Bravery, has it's price my friend. To be as young and centered on ';knowing'; who

you are, is a blessing. Stay strong, and don't argue, your mother-believe it or not-isn't as sexually mature as you are. Mentally speaking, you have figured out who you are, and knocking your head against the wall for moms approval, is only going to make you crazy.

Most parents are not equipped to deal with sexual complexities, and their children.

Time will tell whether or not your mother will come around. In the mean time, as long as you live with her, try not to feed into her frustrations. Just be patent, you've joined a club that gives you

support, there are clubs for parents of GLBT that lend support to parents like your mother.

Good luck.
You know I was in almost the exact same situation. My mom telling me I was ruining my parents marriage because of who I was when I was a teenager. Finally I realized that if my mother is telling me this than there is something wrong with her. She's putting all the blame on a teenager and not taking her own responsibility for why HER marriage his going bad.



Family is blood, that's true, but they are not always the best thing for you. I would suggest moving out, you know your 18 and you seem to have alot of friends so you could find roomates! You should start your own life now and hopefully that helps with the relationship with your mom but it will definitely help you :)



check out my myspace: www.myspace.com/steevefostermusic



LOL guy below...Im a a dude
I agree with the lady above me. Your parents can't control who you are, but at the same time you can respect the rules of their house - no matter HOW much you hate them. Once you're on your own you can do what you want.



Mind you, I'm not saying you should change anything you do and anything you are. I'm just saying maybe some compromise is in order. I would also tell your mother that her marriage is her problem and not yours, and not to blame unrelated issues on one she has with you.



So there. LOL
Be quiet and be a man. You should try to make your mother happy



Find another hobby, a harmless one, like collecting stamps



And why do call your mother ignorant ? She seems to know enough about the subject
  • shampoo dry thin hair
  • dual boot laptop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment